Thursday, July 11, 2019

DAY 4: Giant...

Today's learning activity is a pobble activity. 

Create to Learn


Choose one or more of the following activities to complete and share on your blog.

1. Story Starter!

Have you ever wondered what causes the waves in the ocean?

Sometimes in life, things are not as they seem.

Footsteps could be heard in the distance. Not careful, quiet footsteps, like those someone like you might make as you move about your living room. No. These footsteps were different: they shook the very earth with every colossal stride. He was coming…

2. Sentence challenge!

Can you describe the sounds that the giant’s footsteps might cause?

Can you make a list of different sounds?

Can you start a sentence with one of those sounds?

E.g. Thud! Thud! Thud! The enormous feet waded easily through the ocean.

3. Question time!

  1. What causes the waves in the ocean?
  2. What causes the waves in the ocean according to this story?
  3. Whose footsteps can be heard?
  4. How do you know the footsteps are not those of a human?
  5. What happens each time the giant foot hits the ground?
  6. Has the giant been noticed by anyone?
  7. How would the world be different if giants existed alongside us?
  8. What else might the giant have left behind, apart from a cup of coffee?

4. Sick sentences!


These sentences are ‘sick’ and need your help to get better. Can you help?

  1. Someone walked through the sea. 
  2. They were big, and had big footsteps. 
  3. They caused waves.

5. Perfect picture!

Can you draw a picture of the thing responsible for these enormous footsteps?

Share

Remember to share your learning on your blog with the label 'holiday learning' and comment on this blog to let me know you have done it. 

7 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Cameron here from Karoro school.
    I like your story starters and perfect picture. This is really helpful.
    But what do you mean by sick sentences and the white and green together are hard to read.
    Otherwise good job.`````

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIA Ora Venessa my name is Seth I am a year five student from Karoro school. I really like the Amtrak going into the coffee cups Handel. It is really cool. I also love the description that you put into it. I would also want to do this story starter one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Venessa Im Jessica. I'm a year five student from Karoro School. I like that the train is called Amtrak.Is this photo shopped??That cup is really big and the train has my two favourite colours on it😁😁. I would love to write about this picture.
    Bye Venessa
    From Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora my name is Rian from Karoro School. The questions were very interesting. It was also funny at the same time as the cup is so big. I think writing about this picture would be a good writing task to do. I hope you cheek out my blog and you should keep doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Paparore School I am Noah from Karoro School. I really think its so funny that the train is going around the cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Venessa I like the picture that you and the activities that you put in I think that someone could try this one day

    ReplyDelete
  7. kia ora I am Dakota from Karoro School . I really found your writing prompt interesting and I like how you added in lots of things to think about.

    ReplyDelete